Belief Comparison - Confucism, Taoism, Legalism
Beliefs of Taoism:
- Taoists believe people are not good or bad
- Taoists believe people need to be in tune with nature
- Taoists believe people do not need to argue or to be persuaded
- Taoists believe in a simple life so you can be yourself
Beliefs of Confucius
- He believed in respect; people should respect the ruler.
- He believed that people should respect each other.
- He believed in good moral conduct.
- He believed in a code of behavior, a structured life.
Beliefs of Legalists
- Legalists believe in strict laws
- Legalists believe in harsh punishment
- Legalists believe in firm management and tight control.
- Legalists believe these things are needed because people are naturally bad.